hit counters

Monday, October 18, 2004

Ralph Nader's former running mate endorses John Kerry



Winona LaDuke, who ran for vice-president in 1996 and 2000 on the Green Party ticket, has endorsed John Kerry for president this year.

LaDuke writes in Indian Country Today:

"I love this land, and I know that we need to make drastic changes in Washington if we are going to protect our land and our communities. I am committed to transforming the American democracy so that it is reflective of the diversity of this country. I believe in a multi-party system and a multi-racial democracy. I believe there are many opinions, not simply two, that merit a hearing on any issue. I believe we should be working harder to increase the numbers of people of color, women, and Native people elected to office because we are this country and we are what America looks like. I'm voting my conscience on Nov. 2; I'm voting for John Kerry."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home